El Gouna Golf Holidays
Introduction: El Gouna Golf Course
El Gouna's 18 hole championship course is the perfect location for year round golf holidays, offering players stunning views and a course the challenges the strength, ingenuity and skill of novice and professional alike.
Gene Bates and Fred Couples designed the El Gouna course with every level of golfer in mind, from the beginner looking to try out the game for the first time to the advanced golfer playing the tournament circuit.
The course boasts up to five different tees, carefully placed bunkers, lagoons, and desert rough, all designed to challenge the individual at his or her own level.
Out on the greens, golfers find that navigating the course's pitfalls and varied wind currents challenges their creativity and hones their ability.
El Gouna is a beautifully laid out, upmarket resort ideal for families and couples alike, and non-golfers will find plenty to keep them entertained, from shopping to diving to dining out or taking advantage of the range of excursions and activities available in and from the resort.
|Holes||18 hole Championship course|
|Tees||5-6 tee locations on each hole for ladies and men|
|Design||Gene Bates in cooperation with Fred Couples|
|Challenges||65 bunkers, lagoons and desert hazards.|
|Opening Times||7am until sunset, 365 days a year|
- Aqua driving range with practice area (putting green, chipping & pitching area)
- Rental service for golfers - left and right handed clubs for women, men and children, pull trolleys and electric golf carts, golf bags and shoes
- Caddy house with bag storage for guest players, free of charge
- Caddying service (subject to availability)
- Clubhouse with reception
- Sun terrace with view of the golf course
- Bistro bar serving hot and cold dishes, and drinks
- Golf coaching (PGA and local professionals)
- Fully equipped Pro Shop, selling clothing, hand-made leather articles and gifts
- Changing and shower facilities
- Locker rooms (women's and men's)
- Wellness centre (including fitness room, Turkish Massage and Angsana Spa)
- Course catering - drinks and snacks on holes 4 and 14
If you're looking to relax after the game, the course Clubhouse and Fitness Club offer a well-equipped gymnasium, three plunge pools, a sauna, a beautiful Turkish bath, and massage services. Additionally, the on-site Angsana Spa offers professional treatments.
The Terrace 19th Hole Bar, located in the Clubhouse, serves drinks and light snacks, while the La Rotisserie Restaurant in the Clubhouse tower offers fine French dining with a panoramic view of the course. In the course's
Pro Shop you will find unique souvenirs, exclusive accessories, high-quality clothing, handmade leather articles and more.
- Golf/Polo Shirts with a collar must be worn.
- No flip flop shoes on the practice area and on the course.
- Only golf or sporting shoes are permitted on the course.
- No damaged clothes or denim.
- No revealing beach clothes (Ladies or Men) on the course and in clubhouse area
- Soft spikes only.
Golf Course regulations
- Sharing of golf clubs is forbidden.
- No children or juniors under age 18 allowed to drive golf carts.
- Please observe golf etiquette at all times.
Location & Getting There
El Gouna's golf course is centrally located at the 5L Steigenberger Golf Resort, easily accessible from most of El Gouna's hotels and from the shops, restaurants and bars of Downtown. The resort is easy to get around on foot, by taxi or by tuk-tuk; plus a shuttle bus operates from the hotels to the golf club. El Gouna is serviced by the airport at Hurghada, approximately 30 minutes south of El Gouna by road.
Hotels in El Gouna