Sharm el Sheikh
Renaissance Sharm el Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
|Bed & breakfast|
|Food & beverage|
|Sports & leisure|
See reviews and ranking by TripAdvisor
The Renaissance Sharm el Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort is a luxurious hotel managed by Marriott International, providing a very high standard of accommodation and set in lush gardens with instant access to the sea.
Nestled on a headland peninsula overlooking the spectacular coral reefs of the Red Sea, the hotel meanders down through landscaped water gardens to 350m of terraced beachfront.
The Renaissance Sharm el Sheikh is situated at Ras Um Sid, just 5 minutes' drive from the old town of Sharm El Sheikh and 15 minutes drive from Naama Bay and 5 minutes' walk from the Il Mercato centre, home to a selection of branded shops, restaurants and cafes.
Note: Due to the extensive layout and many steps, this hotel may not be ideal for those with walking difficulties.
The Renaissance offers 384 rooms, including sea view rooms and family suites, each featuring;
- a balcony or terrace
- air conditioning
- mini bar
- satellite TV
- high-speed internet access (pay locally)
Deluxe (standard) rooms are either garden or pool view, while Deluxe sea view rooms enjoy a view of the Red Sea. Family suites are larger and contain a king bed and a separate living area with a sofabed. These suites are located on the ground floor and offer a view of the gardens. Family units with a kitchen (equipment available on request), living area and sofabed are also available.
Room service: Yes, 24 hours
Laundry service: Yes (chargeable)
Shuttle bus: Yes, to Naama Bay and Sharm Old Town (pay locally)
Internet access: WiFi in public areas and high speed internet access in guest rooms (pay locally)
Business facilities: Yes
Child prices at this hotel relate to one child aged 2-5 sharing a room with 2 adults; supplements may apply to older or additional children.
Children's Club: Yes, for ages 4-12
Babysitting: Yes, with prior reservation and subject to availability (pay locally)
Children's Pool: 4 swimming pools (1 heated)
The hotel also features a children's playground.
Food & Beverage
Board basis details
The Renaissance Golden View Sharm el Sheikh is sold on a bed and breakfast basis, which includes buffet style breakfast in the main restaurant. Upgrade to half board to include buffet style dinner in the main restaurant. Upgrade to all-inclusive (R-Class) to include a three-course menu at three a la carte restaurants up to three times per stay (on top of breakfast, lunch and dinner at the main buffet-style restaurant and snacks and drinks at four bars; drinks to include soft drinks and local alcoholic beverages).
Children up to the age of 5 receive a free upgrade to all-inclusive when adults pay the supplement.
Food & beverage facilities
The Renaissance Sharm el Sheikh offers a variety of choices;
- Coast international buffet restaurant
- Il Palio Italian Chophouse, offering authentic regional dishes featuring a choice of meats, grills and fish
- Acapulco Joe's Mexican beach front restaurant
- Aqua all-day swim up bar, serving sandwiches and drinks
- La Rotunda cocktail bar
- Zinzina all day bar and lounge, serving light meals, cakes and ice cream
- Lobby bar
- 24 hour room service.
Not all facilities are included on half board basis.
Sports & Leisure
- 4 swimming pools (1 heated in winter)
- 4 children's pools
Spa / Health
- Oasis Spa, offering body scrubs, boy wraps, facial treatments, massage and a beauty salon with a hairdresser
- Oasis Health club, with a gymnasium, sauna, jacuzzi and steam bath
The hotel is situated on its own private beach.
- Snorkelling and on-site dive school
- Floodlit tennis (pay locally)
- Billiards (pay locally)
- Table tennis
- Beach volleyball
- Mini croquet
Facilities and equipment may be at a charge, payable locally.
Diving & Snorkelling
Any visit to the Red Sea wouldn't be complete without discovering the incredible variety of life and colour beneath the waves. Learn to dive in the Red Sea, or snorkel on some of the world's best reefs.
Diving Guests staying at the Renaissance Sharm el Sheikh have access to the renowned Red Sea Diving College, which holds PADI's Certificate of Excellence and offers a range of courses and packages for beginners and qualified divers. The college offers a daily complimentary shuttle bus to transfer guests between the hotel and the centre.
Snorkelling There are ample snorkelling opportunities from the Renaissance's beach, with coral formations in good condition and easily accessible. Equipment is available for hire from the hotel's diving centre. Alternatively, guests may choose to go on a snorkelling day trip by boat to the Straits of Tiran or Ras Mohamed National Park.
Evening entertainment programme.
Children aged 2-5 sharing a room with two adults receive a free upgrade to half-board or all-inclusive when adults pay the supplement.
Valid to 30 Oct 2012.
The information relating to this hotel is correct to the best of our knowledge. However, the responsibility for the accuracy of the description of the hotel and its facilities lies with the hotel, and we cannot be held liable for any changes or discrepancies to services or facilities that have not been brought to our notice.
Hotels in Sharm el Sheikh
- Four Seasons Resort Sharm el Sheikh
- Hyatt Regency Sharm el Sheikh
- Ritz Carlton Sharm el Sheikh
- The Savoy Sharm el Sheikh
- Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort
- The Baron Palms Sharm el Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Resort & Spa
- Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
- Maritim Jolie Ville Golf Resort
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula
- Marriott Sharm el Sheikh Red Sea Resort
- Movenpick Sharm el Sheikh
- Novotel Sharm el Sheikh
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort
- Sheraton Sharm el Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Resort
- Radisson Blu Resort Sharm el Sheikh
- Hilton Fayrouz Sharm el Sheikh Resort
- Hilton Shark's Bay Resort
- Sonesta Beach Sharm el Sheikh
- AA Grand Oasis Resort
- Coral Beach Rotana Resort Tiran
- Sierra Sharm el Sheikh
- Sonesta Club Sharm el Sheikh
- Three Corners Palmyra Resort
- Bay View Hotel
- Eden Rock Sharm el Sheikh
- Falcon Hills