Sharm el Sheikh
Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort
|Food & beverage|
|Sports & leisure|
See reviews and ranking by TripAdvisor
The Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort Sharm el Sheikh is a great value 5* all inclusive hotel enjoying a great location in Nabq Bay with stunning views over Tiran Island and the Red Sea. The family-friendly Governor Amwaj offers extensive pools with waterfalls, a range of sports facilities, children's club and private beach with a 450m jetty.
The Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort Sharm el Sheikh is located in the up and coming area of Nabq Bay, to the north of Sharm el Sheikh and within walking distance of several malls with shops, restaurants, cafes and nightlife.
Nabq is fast becoming Sharm el Sheikh's second major centre and is only 15 minutes' drive from fashionable Soho Square - one of the Red Sea's most exciting leisure and entertainment centres.
The Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort features 292 rooms and suites, each offering:
- air conditioning
- 26" satellite LCD TV
- direct dial telephone
- mini bar
- private balcony
- private bathroom with bath tub
- tea and coffee making facilities
- free WiFi.
Executive suites are twice the size of other rooms and feature a 32" satellite LCD TV. Interconnecting rooms are available on request.
Room service: Yes, 24 hours
Laundry service: Yes (chargeable)
Shops: Yes, shopping arcade
Shuttle bus: No
Internet access: Yes, free WiFi in guest rooms
Business facilities: Yes
Children's Club: Yes (age restrictions apply)
Babysitting: Yes, with prior reservation and subject to availability
Children's Pool: Yes, one
Other children's facilities: Playground, animation programme
Food & Beverage
Board basis details
The Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort Sharm el Sheikh is sold on an all inclusive basis, which includes the following:
Breakfast: Buffet breakfast in the main restaurant (7am-10am) or a late light breakfast consisting of light snacks in the Italian restaurant (10.30-11.30am), or early light breakfast in the main restaurant (4am-6am).
Lunch: Buffet lunch in the main restaurant (1pm-3pm) or light lunch available in the Pool bar (1pm-3pm) or Beach bar (1pm-4pm).
Dinner: Buffet dinner in the main restaurant (7pm-10pm) or late dinner consisting of light snacks in the main restaurant (midnight-2am). A la carte dinners are available with prior reservation in Primi Piatti Italian restaurant, Fisherman's Seafood restaurant and the Pool & Grill BBQ restaurant.
Snacks: Light snacks are available at the Pool bar during the day (11am-6pm).
Beverages: Local beer, local wine, selected local spirits, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee are available from a variety of outlets 10am-midnight (opening hours vary by outlet). Two small bottles of water are included in guest rooms on a daily basis.
Sports & leisure: Soccer, beach volleyball, aerobics, table tennis, billiards, tennis (twice per stay; during daylight hours only), gym access (10am-8pm).
Not all facilities and outlets are included in the all inclusive package. The all inclusive package ends at midday on your day of departure.
Food & beverage facilities
A variety of facilities are on offer at the Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort:
- Oyoun main restaurant, featuring a buffet of a wide variety of international cuisine and live cooking stations serving pasta, grilled meats and chicken to order.
- Primi Piatti Italian restaurant, serving traditional Italian cuisine with views over the pool and Red Sea.
- Fisherman's seafood restaurant, located on the beach front and serving fresh seafood delicacies.
- Soweto African bar, featuring a variety of refreshments and live music in themed African surrounds.
- Blue Line beach bar, located directly on the beachfront
- Half Way Hut pool bar, serving tropical drinks and light snacks during the day, light lunches and BBQ dinners.
- Waterfalls sunken bar and cafe, a swim up bar serving a variety of drinks, cocktails, ice cream and coffee.
- Atrium cafe, open 24 hours a day and offering a variety of refreshments and views over the pool and sea.
- Shisha corner, offering guests an Oriental atmosphere and a variety of shisha, tea, coffee and juices.
Not all facilities are included on all inclusive board basis.
Sports & Leisure
- 1 heated swimming pool and one unheated pool
- 3 lagoon style swimming pools with waterfalls
Spa / Health
Gym, aerobics studio, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and massage treatments available indoors and outdoors.
450m private sandy beach with jetty.
- aerobics studio
- tennis court
- beach volleyball
- table tennis
- water polo
- watersports centre
Facilities and sports equipment may be at a charge, payable locally.
Diving & Snorkelling
Any visit to the Red Sea wouldn't be complete without discovering the incredible variety of life and colour beneath the waves. Learn to dive in the Red Sea, or snorkel on some of the world's best reefs.
Diving Guests staying at Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort Sharm el Sheikh can dive with our chosen dive centre partner in Sharm el Sheikh, Red Sea Diving College, offering a range of courses and packages for beginners and qualified divers. The centre holds PADI's Certificate of Excellence, and transfers divers to and from the hotel and dive centre. Nearby Ras Gamila offers good local diving opportunities.
Snorkelling The Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort features a house reef, which can be snorkelled from the beach when the tide is in. Guests can also snorkel from the jetty, but should be aware that the water is deep and that in winter months there are often strong currents. Guests may also choose to booking snorkelling day trips, bookable through your local Longwood representative.
No currrent offers
The information relating to this hotel is correct to the best of our knowledge. However, the responsibility for the accuracy of the description of the hotel and its facilities lies with the hotel, and we cannot be held liable for any changes or discrepancies to services or facilities that have not been brought to our notice.
Hotels in Sharm el Sheikh
- Four Seasons Resort Sharm el Sheikh
- Hyatt Regency Sharm el Sheikh
- Ritz Carlton Sharm el Sheikh
- The Savoy Sharm el Sheikh
- Governor Amwaj Hotel & Resort
- The Baron Palms Sharm el Sheikh
- Grand Rotana Resort & Spa
- Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
- Maritim Jolie Ville Golf Resort
- Maritim Jolie Ville Resort & Casino
- Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula
- Marriott Sharm el Sheikh Red Sea Resort
- Movenpick Sharm el Sheikh
- Novotel Sharm el Sheikh
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort
- Sheraton Sharm el Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Resort
- Hilton Fayrouz Sharm el Sheikh Resort
- Hilton Shark's Bay Resort
- Sonesta Beach Sharm el Sheikh
- AA Grand Oasis Resort
- Coral Beach Rotana Resort Tiran
- Sierra Sharm el Sheikh
- Sonesta Club Sharm el Sheikh
- Three Corners Palmyra Resort
- Bay View Hotel
- Eden Rock Sharm el Sheikh
- Falcon Hills